Replacing the parts...rivets, windows, and vents


The original aluminum jalousie windows cleaned up well with a fine (0000) steel wool and some brasso metal polish.  I used 3/16" diameter, 1/2" deep rivets on the side jalousies.  I used 1" butyl tape around the perimeter where the window meets the body, and I added a loop of butyl around each rivet.


Replacing the infamous front window was, of course, much harder than expected.  After hearing a mix of reviews, I decided to put the lock strip on the exterior.  




Ratchet straps were a huge help in flexing the window to get the curve established. I had to sacrifice the straps and cut them after the window was fully seeded, but it was definitely worth it. 


I replaced the black trim at the bottom of the body, the white trim around the door, re-polished the aluminum belly band, replaced the running lights, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment